We don't have dozens of classes, venues or tutors because we feel the quality of our training is better when things are kept smaller and personal. When you sign up with us, you know exactly who is going to train you and you have ample opportunity to meet or speak to them before the first day of the course.
My name is Debbie Waller and if you sign up with YHT, I will be your class tutor. You are welcome to contact me at any time with questions, before or during your time as a YHT student.
I fell into hypnotherapy more or less by accident but now can't imagine myself doing anything else. It's a fantatic way to earn a living, and so rewarding starting other people off on the same path. I still have a busy therapy practice which runs alongside the school, as I feel it's important I am 'at the coal face' working as a therapist while I am teaching.
And in whatever time that leaves, I'm an author - I edit, publish and write for Hypnotherapy Training and Practitioner online magazine, co-authored the Hypnotherapy Handbook, and more recently published my own book, Their Worlds, Your Words.
I had 15 years experience as a voluntary advisor/counsellor for a national charity, and was awarded a First Class degree from Leeds Metropolitan University before becoming qualified as a Hypnotherapist and Stress Management Coach early in 2003.
Since then I have run a busy hypnotherapy and stress management practice, working both with one-to-one clients, businesses and groups in West and North Yorkshire. I also designed and ran self-hypnosis and meditation classes for Selby Council's adult education department but this stopped when I needed more time for my hypnotherapy clients and other training commitments.
I then taught hypnotherapy for a large UK therapy training organisation for three years, taking many students to practitioner level, before establishing Yorkshire Hypnotherapy Training and becoming Senior Trainer of this course. I still carry out the majority of the training.
I am registered with the BIH as a Senior Hypnotherapy Practitioner, and with the GHR as an Advanced Hypnotherapy Practitioner, the highest level of membership available in both cases. I've completed a Certificate in Clinical Supervision that's approved by the BPS (British Psychological Society), the only UK psychology and psychotherapy body established by Royal Charter and one of the primary national leads in determining national recommendation on clinical supervision across a range of groups and helping professions.
You'll find me on the UK Register of Learning Providers, UKPRN: 10035241.
My professional qualifications include
- BA (Hons), First Class, in Humanities and Social Studies (Psychology/Literature), Leeds Metropolitan University
- Advanced Diploma in Hypnotherapy from Sunnycoast Hypnotherapy Training
- Senior Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice, from the General Hypnotherapy Standards Council
- Advanced Diploma of Professional Stress Management, at Distinction level, from the College of Integrated Therapies
- Hypnotherapy Diploma from Wakefield School of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy
- Certificate in Neuro Linguistic Programming from Wakefield School of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy
- Corporate Stress Consultant from the Mindcare Organisation, UK
- Certificate in Assertiveness Training from the College of Integrated Therapies
- Diploma in Smoking Cessation Therapy from the College of Integrated Therapies
- Anxiety Specialist, UK Academy of Therapeutic Arts and Sciences
- Cerificate in IBS treatment by Gut Oriented Metaphor
- Diploma in Anger Management at Distinction level, from College of Integrated Therapies
- Blast Technique, EMDR, PTSD & Trauma Certificate, from Warwickshire School of Hypnotherapy
Training & Supervision:
- Train the Trainer (IML endorsed)
- Certified Therapy Teacher Diploma from Gladden Therapy Training
- International Board of Certified Trainers accreditation
- Essential Supervision Skills (British Psychological Society Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision)
From time to time we invite guest tutors and speakers, when they have specialist knowledge that would benefit our students.
Some of our regulars include:
Helen Kitchen - social media and PR
David Waller - how to make your own CDs, IT support