What are cookies?
Sadly no chocolate chips of any kind are involved! The cookies we are talking about are small text files that help organise and store browsing information. They are not programmes, and cannot damage your computer or any files you have on it, nor can they transmit viruses. Find out more about cookies in general here.
Our site is designed using a content management system called Joomla. Joomla sets some cookies on your machine to make our site work properly, especially the interactive parts like search and menus.
We also sometimes embed links or content from other websites including Google +1, Facebook and Paypal. These are clearly identified, but as a result you may be presented with cookies from these sites. We cannot control the use of these third party cookies and you should check with the websites concerned for more information.
You can find out more about StatCounter, and set your browser to refuse their cookies by clicking this link: http://statcounter.com/about/set-refusal-cookie/
Contact forms, newsletter sign-ups and paypal buttons collect your name and contact details. The purpose of collecting this information is
- to answer your enquiries
- to provide you with the free ebooks offered on the site
- to send you my monthly newsletter
- to provide you with items you have purchased, e.g. taster day places
Hypnotherapy training enrolment forms collect your name and contact details, your learning and payment preferences, your medical history, and details of any criminal convictions. The purpose of this is
- to decide if I can offer you a place on one of my courses
- to administer a course once you are enrolled
- to provide ongoing support and supervision
- to enable me to invoice you and receive payment, and to keep proper records and accounts
- << Prev