Hypnotherapy Training Entry Requirements
Your personality, enthusiasm and life experience are the most valuable things you can bring to this course. We therefore have few formal entry requirements, and all are chosen to make sure you can get the best from your learning with us.
Whether you want to undertake Practitioner level training, or a Foundation level course, students from all backgrounds are welcome. To study with Yorkshire Hypnotherapy Training, all you need is:
- A genuine interest in people, and a desire to help them
- The enthusiasm and motivation to meet course deadlines and complete assignments
- To be over 21
- A reasonable standard of spoken and written English, as we are currently unable to offer the course or mark essays in other languages
- Access to a computer and printer or typewriter since we do not accept hand written essays ('two-finger typing' is fine, so is getting your kids to type the essays out for you!)
- The willingness to invest time and effort in setting up your business once you are qualified
You do not need any specific formal qualifications, nor is it necessary to have any previous experience of hypnosis, hypnotherapy or any other complementary therapies as everything you need to know will be taught on the course.
The enrolment form also asks about your health and if you have any unspent criminal convictions. This isn't prying or discrimination, it's because a small number of medical conditions or criminal convictions (other than parking or speeding offences) might affect the terms under which you would be accepted by a professional body or insurance company at the end of your course. For example you might have to sign an undertaking not to see clients whilst affected by a psychotic episode, although you would be free to do so at other times.
If you do answer yes to any of the questions in this section, we'll check this out for you before you invest time and money in your training, to make sure you'll be able to practice once you have passed the course. So answering yes to any of these questions does not automatically mean that you cannot train or work as a hypnotherapist.
If you want more information, feel free to contact us for advice.
You may be asked to chat to us on the phone before we confirm your place. This is not usually needed if you have been to one of our hypnotherapy training taster days.